Competiton Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for our competitions. Dull, but it helps us all...
1.These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") featuring in any Road, Rail And Sea publications and/or on any Road, Rail And Sea Internet sites unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
3. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on Road, Rail And Sea websites and social media.
4. In consideration of Road, Rail And Sea agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Road, Rail And Sea may make any and all Entries available in its websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future.
5. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
6. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
7. Employees of Road, Rail And Sea or any associated company of Road, Rail And Sea and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
8. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Road, Rail And Sea reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
9. Road, Rail And Sea assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Road, Rail And Sea reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. Where a winner has been selected and Road, Rail And Sea discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Road, Rail And Sea reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
14. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Road, Rail And Sea in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
15. Road, Rail And Sea cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Road, Rail And Sea is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Road, Rail And Sea’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
16. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Road, Rail And Sea reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
17. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent.
18. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Road, Rail And Sea for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Road, Rail And Sea to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
19. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.
For more information regarding these terms and conditions and competitions email firstname.lastname@example.org